Table of Contents
Last Updated on March 22, 2022 by Foodogi Staff
Sweet potatoes consist of all the minerals and vitamins and also they are sweet in nature. Just to clear thing that sweet potatoes are not related to white potatoes. Both of these vegetables belong to different families. Sweet potatoes fall into the root vegetables, which means it includes the root as well in eating. There are different colors of sweet potatoes, so don’t get confused! They come in white, purple, pink and yellow. The yellow ones have the vitamin A content in them and the purple have the antioxidant content them. Every color works in their own way and is beneficial for your health. Make sure that you just do not peel off the skin of sweet potatoes because its skin has fiber and potassium. While purchasing it just look of 2 things that it’s wrinkle less and doesn’t have soft skin. Also, avoid purchasing sweet potatoes with spots and cracks. There are many kinds of dishes which you can make by using sweet potatoes. With helping you that we will provide you with a variety of sweet potatoes recipes. This would help you in utilizing your cooking skills!
How to cook sweet potatoes in the quickest and simplest way?
We will give you the sweet potatoes recipes with the quickest and easiest way to cook. There are many various recipes through which you can try eating sweet potatoes. Sweet potatoes are one of the finest and healthy vegetables. This recipe is the fastest way to cook and we will use the microwave for this purpose. After cooking this, you can easily add this into some other dish and you can eat it straight away as well. So, here we begin;
- Place the sweet potatoes on a microwave-safe plate and microwave for 5-10 minutes.
- Five minutes to cook one sweet potato in the microwave, and include two minutes for each extra potato.
- Turning them part of the way through. You are finished microwaving your sweet potatoes when a fork lances into them effectively.
- Now, they are ready to add in some other dish or any other ingredients you want to add.
Basic sweet potato pie recipe
There are many sweet potato health benefits because there is fiber in this vegetable as well as minerals and vitamins. This helps with weight loss and controls the blood pressure. The fiber in the sweet potatoes helps with blood glucose levels as well. This makes a good combination to have healthy food. Sweet potato pie recipe is one of the most famous Thanksgiving dessert recipes in the world. We are sharing with you the basic yet delicious recipe of sweet potato pie.
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 1 cup mashed sweet potatoes
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ ground nutmeg
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 4 5 drops of vanilla extract
- 2 cup brown sugar/sugar
- Whipped cream for topping
- Heat stove to 425°F. Make pie crust as coordinated on a box for One-Crust Filled Pie utilizing 9-inch glass pie container.
- Place sweet potatoes, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cream, eggs in blender holder or food processor bowl with a metal sharp edge. Cover and mix until smooth. Fill pie crust lined skillet.
- Bake for around 15 minutes. Decrease broiler temperature to 350°F; prepare 30 to 40 minutes longer or until the point that inside is set. Cool totally, around 45 minutes.
- Now put whipped cream on the top of it.
- Store in refrigerator to make it cool.
- It is ready to serve.
Baked sweet potato recipe in a microwave
The baked sweet potato recipe in a microwave does not take much time and it is the easiest way to have it. Baking is the utmost widespread way to cook because they after baking they become low in fat. Baked sweet potato nutrition is based on about 24 grams of carbohydrates in which there are 3.8 grams of fiber and also 7.39 grams of sugar. It likewise provides 2.29 grams of protein, less than 1 gram of fat and 41 milligrams of sodium. They are beneficial for your health. So, here we go;
- 2 3 potatoes
- Half teaspoon salt
- Pinch of pepper
- Put the sweet potatoes in the microwave and keep it on the high power in the microwave for about 5-6 minutes.
- Turn over, and give it 5 more minutes to get cooked.
- When you see the potatoes are soft, take out of the microwave, and cut them in half sideways.
- Put salt and pepper on it, and mash up a slightly using a fork or something.
- They are ready to eat!
Finest sweet potato casserole recipe!
Regardless of whether you’re searching for something customary or are prepared for a daring turn, we have this occasion pillar secured. At the point when contrasted with normal potatoes, sweet potatoes have twofold the filling fiber and more beta-carotene, which boots invulnerability and helps in building bones. It is the ideal consistency and not very soft and the joined flavors are mind-boggling. The topping part in it is loved by most of the people.
- 3 cups of mashed sweet potatoes
- 1 cup of brown sugar/sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- ½ Cup evaporated milk
- ½ Cup butter (melted)
- ½ Cup of brown sugar
- ⅓ Cup all-purpose flour
- ⅓ Cup butter (melted)
- 1 Cup of chopped pecans
- Get your dish ready of 1½ to 2-quart casserole with cooking spray and keep that aside.
- Take a large bowl and mix the mashed sweet potatoes, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla, milk, and melted butter.
- Empty bowl into the prepared casserole dish.
- For topping: Mix brown sugar, flour, melted butter, and chopped pecans.
- After mixing it, put the batter on the top of casserole.
- Bake it at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes till it is baked all over and the top of it is brown.